( Actress and Model Go Jun Hee )
As you probably heard, korean girls are skinny. REALLY skinny.
On top of that , almost all of them have FLAWLESS skin ! Without even talking about their perfect hair
( so shinny and soft *O* )
Korean ( woman AND men ) are generaly craaazy about their physic. They spend a large amound of money for it !
I’m a yo-yo type of girl. My body love to play the Fit-Fat game : Fit in Summer, Fat in Winter.
My hair is a mess. I have curly hair, and since I’m in Seoul, they have met their two best ENEMIES : Mister Humidity and Miss Rain.
My arabic genes are really not helping me …
But one thing did improve since I’m here : my skin <3
Korean skin products are AH-MAY- ZING !
Grab a snack and get confortable because this post is gonna be veeeeery long.
Korean Skin Care Routine
( 2NE1’s Sandara Park without makeup )
I never saw so much cosmetic stores and endless options for skincare than in Korea !
Korean women typically use up to 15-20 different products DAILY on their skin >..<
In France, I used to wash my face with a cleansing gel or an emollient soap and apply some Rose water after.
THAT’S IT !
When I talked about it to my korean friends they were like:
Now, I use all of this:
I discovered the importance of a Toner and a moisturizer !
(My skin is so soft ~huhuhuhu )
A typical Korean skincare routine goes a bit like this:
- Cleanse : Remove makeup and cleanse the skin. In Korea, double cleansing is the key. They generaly use a cream/oil based cleanser, and then cleanse again with a gentle cream/foaming cleanser. For me, I just remove my eye and lip makeup with a lip & eye remover ( Innisfree: Apple Juicy Lip&Eye Remover ) and cleanse my face with a foaming cleanser ( Innisfree: Green Tea Pure Cleansing Foam ).
- Exfoliate: Exfoliation is typically not done everyday. I do it once or twice a week ! I use Skin Food: Black Suger Strawberry Mask Wash Off ( Smell soooo good <3 )
- Tone: Using a toner is incredibly important. I know that now. There is so much pollution in Seoul so it’s pretty much a necessity. Not only does it remove the remaining dirt, grime, makeup, and pollution from your skin, it also prepare your face so your serums and moisturizers can be better penetrated into your skin. I use Etude House:Wonder Pore Freshner.
- Mask: After toning your skin, you may use a paper/hydro gel face mask. But it’s optional. I heard that Korean women use them every night ! When I feel that my face really need it ( maybe one or twice a week ) I use Innisfree Mask ! They are MAGIC ( big up for the Cucumber one <3 )
- Serum and/or Essence: After your skin is nice and clean, you apply a serum and or an essence. These DO NOT replace your moisturizer. I use Skinfood: Black Sugar Perfect First Serum.
- Moisturizer: After you’ve cleansed, exfoliated, toned, possibly used a face mask, and used your serum, it’s finally time to moisturize your skin. I have an oily skin and since I use a moisturizer I produce significantly less oil ! I use Etude House: Shea Butter Sleeping Pack.
PFEW ! This sh** is daaamn long ! It is a bit intense isn’t it ? But trust me, your skin will thank you ;)
It became a sort of ritual for me and it’s kinda therapeutic !
(Actress Yoon Eun- Hye )
Their secret ? GOOD GENES !
Trust me, I met a looooot of korean girls eating like 4 japanese sumo and they don’t seems to take a gram.
SO UNFAIR ! TT..TT
If I eat only one french fries I am sure that it will find its way to my butt…
I tried a TONS of diet and I was really curious about korean diet.
When they are in 다이어트 ( Da-i-o-teu ) they basicaly starve themself. REALLY
One day, I saw a girl lunch box that contains: 4 cherry tomato, half an orange, 2 tiny brocoli and maybe some almond . CRAZY !
I googled a little ( no actually I spent a night doin’ this sh** ) and I found a lot of stuff like this:
( I loove her channel )
And, I’m not gonna denie it: I tried the "Banana Diet" and the "Sweet Potatoe" one.
Ladies, don’t try this. IT DOES’NT WORK AT ALL !!!
In one week, I lost 7 days of my life.
For me, the real secret is to eat less than 1200 calories/day AND to exercices !
It’s longer and harder, but it’s the only healthy way to lose your fat :)